- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Dr. Thomas A. Paz
Dr. Thomas Paz was born in Las Cruces New Mexico and, except for his time away at school, he has been a lifelong resident. He and his wife Janet have two daughters named Kristen and Kiana. He is the youngest of seven children born to Dr. Raymond M. Paz and Mrs. Carrie Paz. Dr. Paz loves parenting and enjoys golfing and fishing.
Dr. Paz proudly took over his father’s optometric practice in 1988. Over the years he has been fortunate to expand and develop Looks with the help of numerous key people, a tremendous staff and the Las Cruces community. He enjoys his profession and has had the pleasure of serving on the New Mexico Optometry Board for seven years and various board positions in the New Mexico Optometric Association. Dr. Paz has been active in numerous community organizations over the years and looks forward to his future service.
Looks always welcomes new patients and Dr. Paz hopes to continue providing care to the Southern New Mexico community for years to come.
- Solo and Group Private Practice, Las Cruces, NM, 1987 to Present
Degrees and Education:
- University of California, Berkeley, 1986 School of Optometry Doctor of Optometry
- Northeastern State University, 1995 College of Optometry Certification to prescribe or administer oral pharmaceutical agents in the treatment and management of ocular disease
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry, 1986, Certification to prescribe or administer topical ocular therapeutic agents
- University of California, Berkeley, 1984 B.S., Physiological Optics
- New Mexico State University, 1980-1982 Pre-Optometry curriculum
- Letterman Army Medical Center, Presidio of San Francisco, CA
- Laguna Honda Hospital, San Francisco, CA
- Toulumne Indian Reservation, Toulumne, CA
- New Mexico Board of Optometry, Board Member, 2003 to 2007
- New Mexico Board of Optometry, Secretary/Treasurer, 2007 to 2013
Memberships and Associations:
- American Optometric Association, Member, 1987 to Present
- New Mexico Optometric Association, Member, 1987 to Present
- New Mexico Optometric Association, Board Member, 1998 to 2001
Dr. Adrian Tenorio
Dr. Tenorio grew up in Vaughn, New Mexico and upon graduation from high school attended the College of Santa Fe, in Santa Fe, New Mexico, graduating Magna Cum Laude with a B.A. degree in Education. After teaching for two years at Santa Fe High School he decided to enroll at New Mexico State University in Las Cruces to obtain his pre-optometry course work. In 1994 he was accepted to the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago. Dr. Tenorio gained valuable clinical experience through his clinical rotations at the Illinois Eye Institute in Chicago and at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, Texas.
In 1998 upon earning his Doctor of Optometry Degree from the Illinois College of Optometry he returned to Las Cruces and joined the Looks team. Dr. Tenorio’s interests include all aspects of primary eye care such as: glaucoma treatment, cataract surgery co-management, macular degeneration management, pediatric eye examinations and contact lens fittings. He is honored to serve the communities of Las Cruces and Southern New Mexico.
Dr. Tenorio is member of the American Optometric Association and the New Mexico Optometric Association and received the Optometrist in Action award in 2008 by the NMOA. Since 2002 he has been the volunteer coordinator of the Healthy Eyes program in Southern NM. This program provides eye exams, eye wear and sports goggles for the Special Olympics athletes every November in Las Cruces. In conjunction with the Lions Club International, Essilor and the wonderful staff at Looks they have helped hundreds of athletes throughout the years.
Dr. Tenorio enjoys spending time with his wife Lorie and children Lawrence, Adrianna and Zia. His hobbies include drawing, painting, reading and hiking.
Dr. Thomas Kunz
Dr. Thomas Kunz grew up in Idaho working on his grandfather's potato farm. He migrated south to New Mexico and loves the weather, fantastic food, and the people that make the Las Cruces Region so wonderful. He feels like this is home and is excited to continue the Looks tradition of bringing the best in eye care to Las Cruces.
Dr. Kunz received his undergraduate degree from Idaho State University and his Doctor of Optometry degree from the Illinois College of Optometry. He graduated with honors as Magna Cum Laude and received the ACUVUE Eye Health Advisor Citizenship Award/Scholarship and was inducted into the Tomb and Key Honor Society. Dr. Kunz trained in several distinguished medical eye care practices in the Chicagoland area including: Advocate Medical Center, Illinois Eye Institute Pediatrics, Sidney Hillman VA Eye Clinic, and Chicago Cornea Consultants.
During his training he gained extensive experience in the treatment of glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, keratoconus, cataract co-management and many other eye conditions. Dr. Kunz specializes in advanced/specialty contact lenses and dry eye disease and enjoys working with patients of all ages, infants to adults, in meeting their eye care needs. He has served on the New Mexico Optometric Association Board and is a member of both the New Mexico and American Optometric Associations.
Dr. Kunz is a family man and the majority of his time away from the office is spent with his wife Jessica and three daughters Vivian, Evie, and Sloane. He enjoys golfing, hiking, fishing and following his favorite sports teams.